Upgrade minimum required version of CMake to allow for TriBITS refactorings
Created by: bartlettroscoe
This story is to drive the upgrade of the minimum version of CMake required to configure Trilinos. Currently the minimum version is 2.8.11 which was first tagged way back May 15, 2013 (i.e. more than 4 years ago). Upgrading the minimum version of CMake will allow us to take advantage of newer CMake features to refactor and simplify a lot of code in TriBITS.
The reason that this issue is being listed in the Trilinos GitHub repo and not the TriBITS repo is that Trilinos is the TriBITS customer that limits the upgrades of CMake. The other projects where TriBITS is used like CASL VERA and ATDM could upgrade CMake much easier (and really could almost track the most current CMake version).
- Make annoucement to trilinos-users and trilinos-developers to upgrade min version to 3.10 [Done]
- Change all Trilinos jobs posting to CDash to use CMake 3.10+
- Change all SEMS-based modules to use CMake 3.10.3 [Done]
- Upgrade the windows builds to use CMake 3.10+ [installed, not tested due to other issues]
- Upgrade ATDM Trilinos builds on 'mutrino' to use CMake 3.10+ ... Merged in PR #3051 [Done]
- Change the minimum version of CMake to 3.10+ in Trilinos/CMakeLists.txt [Done]
- Switch the mode of Trilinos to the all-at-once mode for configure, build, test, and submit [Done]
- Watch for and help address developer and user issues with transition to CMake 3.10+ ... IN PROGRESS ...