Add GCC 7.2 build to Dashboard
Created by: mhoemmen
Next Action Status
Using SPACK-installed BLAS and LAPACK does not eliminate link warnings due to SuperLU still being linked against system BLAS and LAPACK but otherwise the
Linux-GCC-7.2.0-MPI_RELEASE_ATDM. Next: Get CDash to send out failure emails for this
Linux-GCC-7.2.0-MPI_RELEASE_ATDM and then reate new follow-up issues and reduce scope of this issue so it can be closed ...
Trilinos' Dashboard does not appear to have GCC 7.2 coverage. The latest version of GCC being tested regularly is 5.2. However, it looks like CUDA-enabled application builds on Sierra and kin will require either XL or GCC 7.2. Furthermore, our early experience with GCC 7.2 is that it is stricter about accepting code (e.g., requiring the
template keyword when calling templated methods). This means that it would help to have GCC 7.2 builds on the Dashboard.
Trilinos has a GCC 7.2 Dashboard build, at least without CUDA for now, that builds all the solver packages.
The latest GCC version currently exercised on the Dashboard is 5.2.
Motivation and Context
Sierra and kin need either XL or GCC 7.2 builds. Applications are already testing with GCC 7.2.
- Install modules in SEMS `atdm-env project space [DONE]
- Create a simple custom
Trilinos/cmake/std/sems/atdm/load_gcc_7.2_env.shscript and then use the
SEMSEnv.cmakemodule to test Trilinos [DONE]
- Install BLAS and LAPACK from source and update
SEMSEnv.cmaketo pull in new BLAS and LAPACK ... Does not resolve the link warnings due to superlu so we will not try to resolve right now and just keep the link warnings for now [SKIPPED]
- Set up a CTest -S driver script to submit an
Nightlybuild with this ATDM GCC 7.2.0 env to Trilinos CDash site ... (Ross)
- Run new CTest -S driver script from a the SEMS SON or SRN Jenkins build farm or the ASCIC Jenkins build farm that posts to the
- Determine what upgrades of MPI and TPLs should be done for updated build better targeting SPARC and EMPIRE ...
- Add an additional build of Trilinos with GCC 7.2.0 and updated TPLs posting to CDash ...