Select set of builds for initial mandatory auto PR testing process
Created by: bartlettroscoe
Next Action Status
This ship has sailed on "Initial" a long time ago. The only remaining build in the CUDA PR build and that is being tracked in #2464 (closed).
This story is to involve interested members of the Trilinos team to collaborate to select the best build configurations in order to allow the new Trilinos auto PR testing and merging tool and process (#1155) to become the mandatory way to test and push to the main Trilinos ‘develop’ branch (#2312). This selection must be done considering that there are limited computing resources (on the Jenkins build farms) to run automated builds. So while we would like to run many different useful builds as part of pre-push automated PR testing, we have to be strategic about what builds we run where to not overwhelm current capacity. As more build machines are added to the Jenkins build farm, more builds can be added to the auto PR testing process.
This story is a follow on from the action item:
- ACTION (Ross): Set up a separate meeting to discuss what that build / those builds (if more than one) should be
The set of Trilinos team members interested in being part of this discussion (and meetings) include:
Since this selection of these builds will impact every Trilinos developer and every close customer and collaboration of Trilinos, it is important that we get input from many different people in making this selection.
Definition of Done
- Document conversation between Trilinos developers on the selection of these builds
- New build configurations selected (with actual Trilinos configuration files)
- Trial builds of Trilinos posted to CDash for the chosen configurations
- Find initial selection of team members interested to discuss this topic [DONE]
- Set up and have meeting with working group [DONE]
- Create initial set of builds in meeting [DONE]
- Create concrete *
.cmakefiles for each proposed configuration and set up nightly builds sumitting to "Specialized" CDash Track/Group: a. GCC 4.8.4: See #2462 (closed) b. Intel 17.x: See #2463 (closed) c. CUDA: See #2464 (closed)