Initial adjustment of Primary Tested set of Trilinos Packages and TPLs
Created by: bartlettroscoe
Next Action Status:
Sent email to SNL customers of Trilinos, asking for list of Trilinos packages and TPLs. Next: Wait for responses ...
CC: @jwillenbring, @bmpersc, @maherou, @trilinos/framework
Blocked By: #158 (closed)
Blocking: #370 (closed)
This story is to do an initial adjustment (mostly an extension) the set of Primary Tested (PT) TPLs to include HDF5, Netcdf, Boost, SWIG and any others needed to fully build and test packages like SEACAS, STK, etc. This initial set of packages and TPLs will be limited to what is provided by the SEMS Dev Env (see #158 (closed)). Otherwise, some packages that could be included based on that set of TPLs should otherwise be excluded from the set of PT packages as guided by the needs of important Trilinos customers and critical research efforts (which are need to be well protected). Purely exploratory software or packages without important current users uses should generally be excluded from the PT set (to speed up the builds and tests). Also, non-critical configurations (e.g. complex, float) should be avoided to speed up builds and testing.
This initial story will be to support the usage of the checkin-test.py script to update from the 'develop' to the 'master' branch (see #370 (closed)).
- Get initial feedback from Trilinos developers and stakeholders (captured in emails to Ross) [Done]
- Document, analyze and combine the lists from SNL customers (see TRIL-59) ...
- Come up with a new list of PT Packages and TPLs (that can be supported by the SEMS Dev Env) ...
- Fill out the "Testing Category" column in the Trilinos Package Classification Database ...
- Update the file Trilinos/PackagesList.cmake and TPLsList.cmake