MueLu: Aggregate quality estimate
Created by: eepperly
A method for estimating qualities of the aggregates generated by MueLu for use as a diagnostic tool was implemented. While originally proposed by Napov and Notay (2012) as a method for tailoring aggregate generation in the context of unsmoothed aggregation, the quality metric has also been found to be instructive in diagnosing poorly made aggregates in the context of smoothed aggregation as well. The method has been implemented in a new "AggregateQualityEstimateFactory", and has been integrated into the XML interface.
How Has This Been Tested?
Unit tests were written to test the new functionality and interface tests were written to test the new functionality with the XML interface. New functionality was tested by comparing against a MATLAB implementation of the same functionality. All new and existing MueLu unit tests passed on a Linux machine.
- My commit messages mention the appropriate GitHub issue numbers.
- My code follows the code style of the affected package(s).
- My change requires a change to the documentation.
- I have updated the documentation accordingly.
- I have read the code contribution guidelines for this project.
- I have added tests to cover my changes.
- All new and existing tests passed.
- No new compiler warnings were introduced.
- These changes break backwards compatibility.