Move the gcc 4.8.4 build to use static libraries
Created by: prwolfe
This is the changes needed to the PR environment and scripts to get the gcc 4.8.4 build to use static libraries. Note that the build still fails on some missing template instantiations so this cannot merge until those issues are resolved.
Motivation and Context
Builds for external customers should work withe either shared or static libraries
- Closes #5058
How Has This Been Tested?
I used the instructions at https://github.com/trilinos/Trilinos/wiki/Reproducing-PR-Testing-Errors to build this locally.
- [ x ] My commit messages mention the appropriate GitHub issue numbers.
- My code follows the code style of the affected package(s).
- My change requires a change to the documentation.
- I have updated the documentation accordingly.
- I have read the code contribution guidelines for this project.
- I have added tests to cover my changes.
- [ x ] All new and existing tests passed.
- No new compiler warnings were introduced.
- These changes break backwards compatibility.
Additional issues for the template problems will be created directly.